Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 11- Inspirational type

For this weeks entry I will be talking about inspirational type. The specific subject I have decided to include for my example is a picture of one of my keyboards, Although the subject material my be a bit uninspired for some I have always enjoyed looking at the type and fonts that appear on keyboards and other electronic type equipment. The type is small so it will have to be easy to read, in most cases you will find that type on keyboards tend to be plain and simple sans serif. One of the reasons I find keyboard type to be inspiring in particular is not just its plain yet elegant forms, but its use of pictorial elements as well. Although not pictured this key board has many other signs on that indicate a specific task (such as the return key which has an arrow shape on it, as well as fast-forward, play, and stop buttons) all of these actions represented by simple slash and arrow signs. I think it is quite incredible for someone to have developed such a simple sign to signify a universally known task.

No comments:

Post a Comment